Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Space

Hey there! I know I should say sorry for not writing, but things have been extra crazy around here lately. The semester is winding down for me, Huz is getting into new studies, and I just got back from Reno, so there's been a lot of playing catch up going on.

I got to visit Virginia City, a very old silver mining town, and Lake Tahoe while I was in Nevada. Both are wonderful places and I'm really glad I had the chance to see them! Below are a couple of photos of Lake Tahoe, but they do NOT do it justice. It's truly breathtaking.




I'm not going to say a whole lot about my trip, but I will say that though it was hard, it was really really nice. It was so nice to be able to spend time with my cousins and my aunt and uncle...people I see far too rarely. And they were sooooo happy to see us too, especially my mom who has an incredibly calming presence. It was hard to leave, but I hope that we will be able to visit more often. I believe I have both Grace and Meghan coming to visit me in Chicago this summer...so I'm really looking forward to that!

In other news....

 Huz and I have joined a gym here in Chicago for the winter months! Finally! It feels sooooooooooooooooo incredibly good to be back in the gym regularly. And I love so many things about our new gym, 'The Space'. It is literally right next door to our place, so it is incredibly convenient, and it is owned by a woman my age who is also a personal trainer. She is incredibly sweet and she gave us a good deal when I told her that the huz and I are both students.

The owner also offers other services on site such as a variety of fitness classes, nutrition counseling, massage therapy, and even manicure service. I love that the gym is open 24 hours, 365 days a year, and it's primarily used for one on one personal training. This means that the gym member base is very small, and it rarely gets crowded. I can't say enough good things. If you're in the Hyde Park/Kenwood area, I'd definitely recommend The Space for all your fitness needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment