Thursday, April 19, 2012

Daydreamin'

This is Will's schedule lately:

1. Go to hospital all day.
2. Study quietly at home all night.

A couple o' med books. No big deal. ;)

 My schedule has been:

1. Work at the museum. Usually 9:15 am to 4:30 or 5 pm.
2. Convince Will that it is too nice to stay inside ALL day, so we go for a walk/throw the football around/get in some sort of physical activity for a half hour or so. Then it's time for Will to study again.
3. Do my own homework/procrastinate doing my own homework.
4. Day dream about happy things such as:

  Daydream No. 1) Being able to actually afford to shop at the Hyde Park Treasure Island grocery store.

Oh! Hello there, you crazily delicious, outrageously expensive Treasure Island olive bar!


And perhaps one day I'll be able to afford you too; you lovely, odorous, overpriced imported cheese.

 
Daydream No. 2) Being able to plan and afford a vacation again.

Gorges du Verdon, anyone?


Daydream No. 3) Wait. How about actually being able to plan anything again. 

Me: "Can we go to Mackinac Island for the weekend in June or July?"
Will: "I'd love to honey, but it depends on my clinical schedule."

Me: "I am going to buy concert tickets for August 28th, kay?"
Will: "That's excellent! Just remember that we don't really know if I'll be able to make the show or not. It depends on my clinical schedule."

Remember me? I am the hospital that OWNS YOUR HUSBAND! *insert evil laugh here*

Daydream No. 4) Possessing a student loan balance equal to ZERO.

Knocked out our six figure student loan balance? Gee golly, that's grrrrreat!




Those are all good daydreams, no?





You've probably already guessed, but tonight Will's studying quietly, and I am daydreaming again! 

Ciao!
Emme

PS. I know that this post might seem kind of cranky and ungrateful. I am the first one to admit that I am occasionally cranky, but I'm never ungrateful. I must reassure you that I knew what I signed up for when I married my med student husband. Truly, I wouldn't trade him for any of the daydreams listed above.

This was the kiss that made me Mr. Med Student's Mrs. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha- like all the pics of the med books- what a horrific flash back to college life (DON'T MISS IT!) Also laughed at the dead Sallie Mae girl, I'm still workin on mine... getting closer to the finish line!!! Start saving for that vacation- I SOOOOOOOOOO want to take a couples trip to St. Thomas like you have no idea! Lets try for 2014!! :) LOVE YOU! xoxo Elle (p.s. And don't forget about Africa of course, later in life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have NOT forgotten about Africa!! Have a great time on your vacay and take tons of pics. I can't wait to see them! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete