Monday, April 30, 2012

Emme goes out on the town. Finally!

On Saturday I finally had my first legitimate night out here in Chicago.

Yes, my first official night out and we've lived here for like 7 weeks now.

You're rolling your eyes right now interwebz, aren't you?

That's okay :)

I told you in a previous post that I enjoy the quiet life about 90 percent of the time. I mean, I do enjoy exploring this city, but most of it has been done in the day light. Usually the weekend evenings = me at home + a glass (or three) of wine + homework/ a good book/pinterest. But on Saturday I went out for a friend's birthday and it was SUCH A BLAST! She came into the city to celebrate her birthday and to spend some time with some family that she has in the Lakeview neighborhood. There were four of us that went out for dinner and drinks to celebrate her 25th. I was actually contemplating cancelling because I had some sort of upper respiratory crap going on, but I am really glad I didn't.

We went to Via Carducci for dinner. It's a cute Italian place on West Fullerton. I had the Rigatoni Siciliana; a rigatoni pasta with roasted eggplant in a tomato cream sauce. And it was topped with perfect, fresh, melt in your mouth mozzarella. Divine.

I also had a pomegranate martini, and that was excellent as well. I love to be perfectly buzzed after one cocktail. Especially in Chicago where you will often pay ten dollars for one cocktail! heh. 

After dinner and some great conversation we decided to go grab some "fruity drinks" at Fiesta Mexicana. I have to confess that as the night went on I became more congested and I only had one more adult beverage which I couldn't fully taste due to my irritated sinuses. Buuut I can tell you that I had a fantastic time at Fiesta Mexicana. They had a great Latin band playing and it was impossible not to dance. The music was moving everyone. Everyone in the place was laughing and dancing and drinking super smooth tequila shots.

Oopsie. I forgot the tequila shot. I guess in total I had three adult beverages, because I did have one tequila shot. It was on the house because it was Tiff's birthday, and it was the smoothest tequila I've ever tasted.  Wish I would have asked what brand it was.

The evening ended much too quickly because Tiff had to get to Union Station to catch the train home, but I arrived back at the apartment with a huge smile on my face. It was great to celebrate with such a dear friend, and I look forward to having more nights out here in the Windy City.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! So weird that we were both sick at the same time!? Must be a sister thing, lol! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH. Will and I are still SUPER SICK. Ugh. It's seriously awful. They sent me home from work today, thankfully. I knew I couldn't have made it through the day. Can't wait to hear all about FL, and to take you to some great spots next time you guys visit. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete