Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hyde Park, bitches!

My mom would wash my mouth out if she saw the title of this post. I swear, she really did raise me with manners, and she taught me that swearing sounds ignorant most of the time.

*sigh*

I blame my sailor's mouth on the 2 year stint I did as a waitress at the local truck stop. Serving truckers for 8+ hours a day will cause anyone to develop a swearing habit, and quite possibly a nervous tick or two.

And that's the gospel truth.

In other news...

Will and I have an appointment to tour several apartments in the city on February 4th. We've done a lot of research and we both decided that Hyde Park is where we'd like to live. It's on the south side, close to the museum of Science and Industry, and near the hospital where Will will be working. There are many reasons aside from these that we chose Hyde Park, but here are my the top 3 reasons I love the sound of the Hyde Park neighborhood in Chicago:

#1. Hello! Lake Michigan! Maybe even views of Lake Michigan from our apartment?! *sigh* Will and I can take long walks by the lake, or hang out on the beach in the warmer months.

#2. I am sort of an old fart, so I like the fact that Hyde Park been has been described as relatively quiet. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a bar. On a Friday/Saturday night I'd much prefer hitting the gym, cooking dinner at home/ordering in, and curling up with Will, a good book/movie, and a few glasses of wine to "hittin da club". If that makes me old and lame, so be it. I love eht.

and

#3. Hyde Park is diverse. It is home to a couple of art centers, museums, and the University of Chicago. I am so looking forward to meeting new friends that look absolutely nothing like me, and can hopefully teach me a thing or two thousand about life.

I can't wait to check these apartments out! *Fingers crossed* for something in our budget with a view!

Hey! A girl can dream! Right?














No comments:

Post a Comment