Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm in the home stretch!

It's finals week at the University of Illinois at Springfield, folks.

Wait................ whhhhhhhhhhhat?

It's finals week?!

As in the final week of class?

When the hell did this happen?!

I swear to you, I was chugging along all semester doing a fine job of keeping up with all of my classes just like the little engine that could, and then all of the sudden all of these term papers, final projects, and comprehensive exams crept up on me. For the past few days, I've sort of felt like the illustration below.

Luckily I have NOT been up that late/early, but I have definitely been BUSY busy busy!

Fortunately, as I type this blog post, I can say with confidence that I am pretty much done! I have one more project for my HTML course due this Saturday, but it is something I've been working on all semester, so it should be no sweat.

This means in t-4 days I am officially on summer break! It's pretty awesome telling everyone I've almost reached my much anticipated, ever so elusive summer break.

Yeah. I don't care that I'm an old, moldy, married, non-trad (did I mention old? heh heh.) student at age 26; I am excited about my summer break, damn it. :) I also don't mind bragging about my gpa to my mom, and bless her heart, she still tells me she's proud of me every damn time!

Me, the moldy, old 26 year old *finally* finishing undergrad: "Hey mom just called to tell you I got my grades again. I got a 3.4 this semester."
Mom: "Aw honey you're so smart! I'm so proud of you!"
Me, the 26 year old, UIS super nerd: *blushing* "Well shucks, thanks ma!"

Bahaha. Um yeah. So maybe finals week IS melting brain cells. I don't know.

Anywho...

The first item on my summer break agenda has actually been completed. I checked numero uno off the list tonight.

The huz and I went out for some exercise when I got home from work this evening. It was so nice outside that we were reluctant to go back indoors, so after we were finished our normal routine, we continued on to explore the Osaka Garden.

This is Osaka Garden, and you can see the Museum of Science and Industry in the background as well.
 I was pretty impressed with the garden. It's not very big, but it is very beautiful and serene. It is almost surreal how peaceful and quiet it is there. I kept telling the huz that it felt like we were millions of miles away from the city. And I kept stopping to fill my nostrils with the sweet smells of spring. I bet this place will be breathtaking in a few more weeks. I will be looking forward to another visit in the very near future.

Tomorrow or Thursday, I'll be making another check mark on my "summer break list" by paying a visit to the Hyde Park Art Center. I'm embarrassed that we've lived here two months now and I've yet to visit. The word on the street is that this place has some fantastic exhibits, a cute cafe, and it also houses a seed exchange on the top floor. Pretty cool stuff.

Ooh, I also learned this evening that they hold many classes/events there; one of which is called "prints and pints". Ummmmm whoever conjured up this concept is clearly an effing genius, no?

On the most basic level, it is an art class where you learn how to create art whilst enjoying a frosty brew. Afterward you can mingle and check out exhibits while a DJ spins some music.

Oh you better believe I'll be getting in on that action asap!

Happy trails to you my dearest readers, until we meet again (after the ALL of the end of semester projects have been completed!),

Emme

2 comments:

  1. Next time we come in, you must take us there! I tried to find it when we were in the other day, but no success. Altho- I really didn't go out of our way to look for it as we were enjoying the geese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes we will go next time! Navy Pier too if you want! xoox

    ReplyDelete