Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nom noms.

Since I was diagnosed with bronchitis over the weekend I've been doing a whole lot of nothing. I have been sleeping an average of 16 hours a day (totally not joking folks. I've been taking an average of 3 naps each day!), and I have just generally been trying to give my body the rest it needs to heal.

I haven't been doing much cooking or baking lately, and I'm starting to miss it! In fact, tonight after dinner I decided I *needed* something sweet, so I tried my hand at baking these tasty beauties:

10 minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. They're flourless, fast, and OH SO GOOD.



The recipe is found at the site below:

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-24153.

These cookies use just 5 ingredients: 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 cup choc chips, 1 cup peanut butter, and 2 tsp. baking soda. Mix all ingredients, bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Boom. You're done.

Very easy, and also husband approved! ;)

You could  make this recipe healthier by using less sugar (or replacing the sugar with splenda), using all natural peanut butter, and using apple sauce instead of the egg.

If you're looking for an easy baked treat, give these cookies a try. I am glad I did!


3 comments:

  1. mmm- they look delish! now i want a cookie! :) can't wait to see you in 2 weeks and counting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe they are! Maybe I'll bake some and bring them to the lake! Can't wait for the trip either, it's going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were so yummy!!! Make more! Make more!!

    ReplyDelete