Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chicagoist.

 I recently signed up for the daily email from Chicagoist.com because it seemed like it'd be a good source for info on what's happening around town. After all, the site claims to be *the* source for Chicago "news, food, arts and events."

However, instead of getting updates on street fests, new art exhibits, or restaurant recommendations, these are the delightful types of email subjects that have been popping up in my inbox:

(Today) Subject: "Where are you most likely to get robbed on the CTA?"

(Yesterday) Subject: "Are your fruits and vegetables killing you? How to tell if your food is covered in pesticides."

(The day before): Subject: "Pet Piranha bites off portion of toddler's finger."

(Day before that) Subject: "14 year old killed by gunfire last night."


Errrrrm...........that's uplifting.


Heh. Um, these are not the updates I was hoping to read about every day.


But hey, the next time I'm in the market to read something extraordinarily depressing, or something that's certain to turn me into a hypochondriac or give me repeated panic attacks, perhaps I'll give Chicagoist another go.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Yeah, the most uplifting headline is the one about the piranha biting the toddler's finger off! That's the one the least likely results in death out of the 4--- yikes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah exactly! Not what I want to read about every morning over breakfast! ;)

    Can't wait for our Missouri trip! It's gonna be a blast. We will miss you at 4th of July. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete