Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer lovin'

Summer has arrived. It's been in the 90's for many days in Chicago now, and it. is. glorious. I love the heat, and you'll never catch me complain that it's too hot. I think it should be illegal to complain about the heat in IL. After all of the atrocious subzero temps and blisteringly cold weather we have to deal with all winter, it can get as hot as it damn well wants as far as I am concerned.

I've been taking full advantage of the weather by wearing all of my adorable summer sundresses and by parking my derriere on 57th street beach as much as possible.

Yours truly on 57th street beach. Hopefully this sweet profile shot doesn't give away my identity to all the weirdos on the interwebz. ;)


I especially love it there during the week because there are so few people there. I went this morning for about 3 hours, and had a huge stretch of beach all to myself. I think there were only about 10 other people on the entire beach.


Even when it gets busier on the weekend, it's a nice crowd that gathers there. I've yet to encounter any creepers, which is nice. It's a very relaxed atmosphere and it's not just a ton of basically naked singles trying to show off which I've noticed seems to happen on certain beaches more north.

There are no Heidi Montag attention whore wanna be's on 57th street beach. PS. Do you think those things can double as life preservers?


Not here. It's a nice mix of singles, students, families, and even a few seniors. It's very peaceful and relaxing indeed. I usually take a book or two and it is a wonderful way to spend the day.


Oh! And there is a little snack shack where you can get cheap, tasty munchies or my personal favorite; $2.00 snow cones. I love 57th street beach so much that I told my husband this afternoon when he got back from the hospital that it is so nice there during the week that it makes me never want to get a "real job." I think I'll just become a beach bum. Is there any way I can get paid for that? heh heh heh...


2 comments:

  1. It's going to be 113 here tomorrow! Save some of that "heat" for us!

    I like how in that Heidi photo you know the girls behind her are on Facebook being like, "OMG you'll never believe what I'm seeing right now."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! My brother-in-law and his family live in Phoenix, and he recently texted us a screenshot of their forecast. Lookin' like an oven for you guys!

      Delete