Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Place (with some updated pictures)

This post is all about my love affair with our place here in Chicago. I promised many moons ago that I would post some more photos of our place, and so that's what I am doing in this post.

Note: If hearing me squawk about the details of our place doesn't appeal to you, please feel free to skip this post.I promise I won't judge. ;)






Still reading? Awesome!



I have to confess that I love our condo; more specifically, I love the view from our condo. It is definitely the NUMBER ONE reason I love this place.


 See for yourself, my friend!

That's  Navy Pier in the distance. Every Wednesday and Saturday we can see the firework show from our living room. Awesome!

We can also spot the Sears Tower from our living room window.
Looking out our living room window at Harold Washington Park and Lake Michigan


That's Lake Shore Drive and the lakefront bike path. This is looking east from one of our living room windows.

The tennis courts and Lake Michigan again.

Looking west out our living room window at the neighborhood.

As you can see, our view is gorgeous. Looking east, it's all lake, looking west, it's city, looking north, it's the pier.

Here are a few shots of the inside. I wasn't able to get the best shots because the huz is busy studying at his desk which also happens to be in the living room, but you'll get an idea of what it's like inside.


Here's the Mister's recliner, and our new bookcase. I finally have family/wedding/vacay photos on display! Yay!

Part of our living room; the part without the Mister's desk/study area. Kind of an odd shot, but you get the picture. :)

Our very tiny, very cute, very much a one person only, galley kitchen. :)

***I apologize in advance for the current messiness of our bedroom. The bed isn't made either, so it's not in the photo. heh heh.***


Oh!! I'd also like to say that our closet doors do shut, but I left them open because I was trying to give you an idea of the enormity of the closet in our bedroom! We have another closet that's the same size in our hallway. Score!


I told you it's messy! But check out that HUGE closet!


Here's the bathroom. There's a toilet to the right of the sink, but it was too awkward to get it in the photo. Plus I'm sure you've all seen a toilet before; there's nothing special about ours. heh heh.



Other things I love about our place:

-It's within walking distance of many delicious restaurants, Promontory Point, 57th St. Beach, Osaka Garden, the Museum of Science and Industry (my employer), Walgreens, CVS, and several grocery stores.

-Our building (and neighborhood in general) is nice and quiet. The majority of the folks in this building own their units, so there's not any riff raff.

-We have an enormous farmer's market literally right across the street from our place every Thursday. Awesome.

-We live one mile from President Obama's place. It's pretty cool seeing secret service dudes all over, and it's nice having the extra security. Le Prez was actually in town this past weekend, and we saw the Presidential Helicopter Squadron pretty up close and personal, which was really neat.

-Speaking of extra security, we're also very close to the University of Chicago, so we have their police force patrolling the area as well.

-The bus picks us up less than half a block from our door and has us in the loop within 20 minutes.

-There is very easy access to lake shore drive and 55 whenever we wanna get out of town!





Sooooo, as you can see, this place has quite a bit going for it. I hope you enjoyed the little virtual tour of our condo, and listening to me blabber on about it. I just think it's really great that we are both very happy here, and feel blessed that we were able to lease this place for our first city apartment.





5 comments:

  1. View is the best!! Although- where are we supposed to sleep now! The bookshelf is there!! LOL!! Me and Nuggie will sleep in the chair! As usual-- love ya!
    Oh and you DO have amazing closet space for a apt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's tons of room in here. Just move the chair a bit and the air mattress still fits just fine.. Plus, the couch in the living room folds into a comfy bed which is where the huz and I have been sleeping lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Give nug a kiss! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why have you and hubby been sleeping in the living room? LoL! I like the way you rearranged your living room, it looks more homey now! Give me a call tonight if you want and we can talk about Missouri! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because our bedroom mattress sucks, so we thought we'd try sleeping out in the living room. :) Plus this way we only have to run one window unit; the one in the living room. It's economical too. :) heh. I'll talk to you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete