Monday, June 4, 2012

Minong!

Just returned to the city after an amazing weekend at the lake in Minong, WI. Will and I went to Minong to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday.

Mom has a very dear friend who we'll call Lynne. Lynne and her husband own several lake homes in Minong, and they were gracious enough to invite all of us (me and Will, and my sisters and their significant others/children) to stay for a weekend to celebrate mom's birthday. 

We had such an amazing time, and made so many wonderful memories. The weekend was filled with laughter, love, guitar-playing, cocktails, grilling, fishing, boating, tubing and four-wheeling. I know it meant so much to my mom to have her whole family together for this mini-getaway.

The lake was so peaceful and relaxing. I honestly didn't miss Chicago one bit, and Will and I both wished the weekend didn't fly by so quickly!

Yesterday morning my dad and I got up shortly after 5 in the morning to do some morning fishing, and I got some great photos that I think just about capture the beauty of this place.

I'm going to share some of my favorite photos with you below. Enjoy!

A view of Big Sand Lake from the lower porch of the lake house.

My nephew being absolutely adorable. He made the trip too, of course!

Looking up at the lake house from the boat dock.

That's dad and me on the dock doing some night fishing.


Caught one! (Actually caught 25 over the course of the weekend! Awesome!)

Here I am jamming out (after a few cocktails) with Lynne's husband, Frank. :)

Early morning fishing. The water was like glass. That's dad down on the dock waiting for me to get in the boat!

  
Mist over the lake. Very early morning.
My husband on the tube. He was a champ! We were going full throttle and he never fell off. Not even once. :)  

ATV posse! These were a blast, but OH MAN did we get dirty!



Of course I'd like to post more photos, but they have faces in them, and I am trying to blog anonymously for now. I will always remember this trip with a huge smile. Suffice it to say this was one of my most favorite vacations of all time, and Lynne and Frank mentioned they'd like to make this an annual thing with our family. We are very blessed to know people that are so kind, fun, and generous! I'm already looking forward to next summer!

Ta ta for now,
Emme

3 comments:

  1. I definately agree! Will for sure go down in my books as one of the best vacations ever!!!! So fun getting to hang out with the whole fam in one beautiful spot with so much to do- I will never forget this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes what a wonderful way to spend a few days! And mom was so happy to have us all together. I very much look forward to doing this again when we can all take a few more days and enjoy time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank was quite upset you and Will had to go so soon! He had fun jamming with ya!! LOL!!
    Was an excellent trip and we are SO lucky to have such wonderful family friends!
    Here's to next year in Minong!!!

    ReplyDelete